Swami’s, Part Two

As I said on Tuesday, Swami’s has great views of the Pacific.

swamis_steps_web

This is looking south towards La Jolla.

swamis_agave_web

A flowering agave.

swamis_cacti_web

Cacti and the ocean seem kind of incongruous to me.
Those things that look a bit like gnats? Surfers down below in Swami’s Cove, a popular spot.

cycad_web

One of my favorite plants in California is the Sago Palm from the cycad family. We have one in our backyard, but it’s not doing nearly as well as these. Did you know cycads have changed very little since the Jurassic period?

swamis_koi_web

Something else in Swami’s garden: a koi pond.

swamis_feedme_web

Doesn’t this guy look like he’s saying “Feed me”?

swamis_gate_web

This is an iPhone version of the gate photo I posted a while back. It’s right at the edge of Swami’s garden.
I know I’ve said it before, but I can’t get over the blue skies in the winter here.

Finally, I was really surprised to see lychees growing here in January. I thought they needed a really hot climate.

swamis_lychees_web

Great weekend, everyone!

{carole}

Advertisements

This entry was posted in photography and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Swami’s, Part Two

1. Dounia says:

Beautiful photos – thanks for sharing!

2. Susan says:

Gorgeous ocean views!

Beautiful. That first view is stunning.

4. You’re just making me envious as I watch the rain run down the window pane, whilst the wind knocks out the internet connection ( like now – I’ll have to wait for it to reconnect before I post this miserable reply). It’s just not fair:-)

5. enmanscamera says:

nice series..and…I really liked the gold fish.

6. TBM says:

I’ve had a rough week. I could use views like this to cheer me up. thanks.

7. Lady Jennie says:

Cool! Agave like the syrup? I think litchis grow in the mountains, so it’s cooler up there.

My kids loved the fish.

8. dinkerson says:

All of these are remarkable photos; my favorite is the gate.
    You have some serious talent.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )